Shine Dental Clinic Legal Information
Name of Dental Practice: Shine Dental Clinic
Address: 3 Wargrave Road, Twyford, Berkshire, RG10 9NY
Telephone: 01189 349703
Principal & Owner: Dr Oberah Qadeer, BDS. GDC Registration No: 81105
Practice Quality Policy: See below
Publication Scheme: See below
Shine Dental Clinic – Practice Quality Policy
Our quality policy is to provide a service that consistently satisfies the needs and expectations of our patients. This level of quality is achieved through a system of clinical governance that delivers continuous improvements in the work of every member of the practice team.
The practice operates a Quality Assurance system to ensure:
- the consistent quality of dental care
- effective measures of infection control
- compliance with all health and safety legal requirements
- compliance with all legal requirements for the safe use of x-ray equipment
- compliance with all continuing professional requirements of the GDC
- we meet the requirements of Essential Quality Standards of quality and safety from the Care Quality Commission
The quality objectives of Shine Dental Clinic are:
- to implement clinical governance through training and continually improve it through regular review
- to comply with all relevant ethical, statutory and safety requirements
- to provide services that respect patient’s dignity and protect their rights
- to always have satisfied patients and to provide our patients with the quality of experience that they would expect
Shine Dental Clinic Publication Scheme
This Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by the Practice as required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000. It is not a complete list of publications as this may change as other items are produced/deleted, but it is a description of the classes of information that we provide. This guide will be reviewed at regular intervals.
How is the information made available?
Information is made available in hard copy such as leaflets, and in some cases downloadable from the practice website which is www.shine-dental.co.uk. For information regarding this publication scheme please contact the Practice, who will also be pleased to receive your questions, comments or complaints. Dr O Qadeer will supply all information requested within 20 working days, providing that it does not conflict with Data Protection or confidentiality requirements.
Your rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made. Please note that Shine Dental Clinic is a private business with the exception of the treatment of children under the NHS.
- The Practice is obliged to respond to requests about information that it holds, and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to such information. These rights are subject to some exemptions which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release -including the rights of our patients to have all of their personal information kept strictly confidential.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, current and former patients are entitled to access your own dental records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the Practice to arrange this.
Material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to the Practice’s copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is done so accurately in a manner that will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme.
For HMSO Guidance Notes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm
Classes of information
We hold various types of information, which we review, retain or dispose of according to legal and/or contractual requirements. We have seven categories of information:
- Who we are
- Our services
- Financial information
- Information for patients and the public
- Our policies and procedures
- Cost of Information
Class 1: Who We Are
Details of our Practice (contact information, address, opening hours etc) and our dentist/s and dental hygienist/s are included in our Practice information leaflet; more specific information may be found on our web site www.shine-dental.co.uk, or be provided on personal request from the Practice.
Class 2: Our Services
Information about our services is contained in our patient information leaflet, which is available from the Practice. The information includes:
- Opening times
- Information about the care and treatment provided by the practice
- NHS treatment offered.
- Arrangements for emergency care
- Details of access to the premises for people with disabilities
- The languages we speak and the availability of interpreters
Class 3: Financial Information
- We are a private practice; our only income from the NHS derives from the contract that we have been given by the PCT for treatment of children. In return we provide a specified number of units of dental activity (UDAs). Information about the cost to the Thames Valley PCT is available from the Practice. Treatment is free for children, but where a parent or guardian elects to have treatment other than that covered by the NHS the fees for private treatment apply.
- Our Private Fee Guide for is available from the Practice and also from our website www.shine-dental.co.uk
Class 4: Information For Patients and the Public
There are several information leaflets available on the Practice, treatments, payment plans and fees – this is subject to change according to the availability of supplies):
Class 5: Complaints
We have a practice complaints procedure, a copy of which is available from the Practice. You can complain in person, by telephone or in writing to Dr Qadeer. We will reply within three working days and following an investigation we will be able to respond fully within 28 working days. Every compliant is logged and its progress is tracked.
Class 6: Practice policies
We have policies and procedures that ensure the practice operates in a safe and efficient manner, most of which are included in our Practice Policies and Procedures document (M233). Copies of the policies available from the Practice include:
- Data protection
- Data security
- Health and Safety
- Radiation protection
- Infection control
- Payments policy
- Equal opportunities.
Class 7. Cost of Information
Some information is available free, but for others there may be a charge. For the most part, we will charge you only for hard copies or copying onto media (e.g. CD ROM) plus relevant postage. The charges will vary according to how information is made available. Before we produce any requested documentation etc, we will let you know the cost and charges, which must be paid in advance. The charges will be reviewed regularly and are as follows:
- Downloads or print-off information from our web site (www.shine-dental.co.uk) are free of charge (internet service provision and personal printing costs to be met by the individual).
- E-mailed documents will be free of charge unless otherwise stated; not all information will be available by e-mail – in accordance with our Data Protection requirements.
- For those without Internet access, a single page print-out from the website would be available by post or personal application at the Practice. Requests for multiple printouts, or for archived copies of documents which are no longer accessible or available on the web, will incur a charge for the retrieval, photocopy, postage etc.
- Leaflets – there will be no charge for collection of available leaflets from the Practice; there may be a charge for postage of such. A list is detailed in Class 4 above.
- Hard copies of printed/copied documents posted out (excluding leaflets listed in Class 4) will cost 10p per sheet, plus the relevant 2nd class postal fee.
- A copy of your dental records in paper will cost £10
We will not provide printouts of other organisation’s websites.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to the Practice.